Library is another necessary facility for the use of both students and staff in the polytechnic and there are regulations governing the use of the polytechnic library. The use of the polytechnic library is restricted to registered users only under the following categories:
- Full and part time teaching and research staff of the following.
- Registered full and part time students of the polytechnic.
- All council members of the polytechnic.
- Polytechnic employees other than those mentioned who may wish to use the library.
- Non-members who have applied in written through the Liberian and will obtain permission to use the library facilities for a limited period of time.
The opening hours of the library are as follow:
Within the semester:
Monday to Thursday – 8:00am to 10:00pm
Friday – 8:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday, Sunday and public Holidays – 8:00am to 1:00pm
Monday to Thursday – 8:00am to 4:00pm
Friday – 8:00am to 12:00 noon
Saturday, Sunday and public Holidays – closed
Arrangement has being made for every registered member of the polytechnic library to borrow any material at their convenient time.
- All registered users who wish to borrow books, tapes, journals etc. must present their library card at the circulation desk before such materials are loaned out to them.
- Library staff and security men in charge at the entrance/exit are authorized to inspect materials taken in and out of the library, and the borrowers must tender such items for inspection.
- Library users are responsible for the items issued in their name and ends only when the issue records have been cancelled.
- The Librarian may restrict or prohibit the borrowing of any library material in the interest of the polytechnic.
- Students may borrow up to two books for a period of two weeks.
- Books borrowed must be returned on or before the date stamped on the date label of the library card and may be renewed by the user provided such books are not booked by others. A user can be fined at approved rates for days overdue.
All students going on vacation or leaving the polytechnic at the end of their respective courses must return all materials belonging to the library in their possession before leaving the polytechnic.