National Diploma Electrical/Electronics Engineering, ND (EE)
Mode of Study: Full-time / Part-time
Timetable: Day / Evening-Weekend
Duration: 4 Semesters
The National Diploma programme in Electrical Engineering Technology is designed to produce technicians for the manufacturing, assembling, power generation and transmission industries. At the end of the programme the diploma holder should be able:
- To construct and design simple/complex electronic circuits for use in modification or as part of a major construction
- To erect, assemble and install electrical/electronic equipment
- To select and use appropriate instruments to carry out simple tests and measurements on all types of electrical/electronic installations and equipment under various conditions
- To apply the basic principles of management to manage engineering industries.
The Higher National Diploma programmes in Electrical Engineering Technology aimed at producing technologists with a good mastery of engineering approach in executing electrical/electronics engineering works. Two options of the HND programmes available in the Department are Electronics/Telecommunication Engineering and Electrical Power Engineering.
Higher National Diploma Electrical Engineering, HND (EE) – Options in Power and Electronics
Mode of Study: Full-time
Duration: 4 Semesters
HND (EE) Electronics/Telecommunication Engineering
The programme is aimed at producing Higher Technicians in electronic engineering for the manufacturing, assembling, servicing industries. On completion of the programme, the diplomat should be able to:
- Solve practical problems in electronic engineering by analysis and experimentation
- Construct and design complex electronic circuits for use in modification or as a part of major construction
- Erect, assemble and install electronic equipment and systems
- Apply the basic principles of management to manage engineering industries.
HND (EE) Electrical Power Engineering
The programme is designed to produce Higher Technicians in Electrical Engineering for the manufacturing, power generation, transmission, distribution and utilization industries. On completion of the programme, the diplomat should be able to:
- Solve practical problems in electrical engineering by analysis and experimentations
- Design complex electrical installations, wiring and circuit projects using appropriate connections
- Erect, assemble and install electrical equipment and system
- Prepare detailed bills of quantities and specifications related to electrical engineering works
- Commission and operate relevant equipment and installations.