National Diploma Science Laboratory Technology, ND (SLT)
Mode of Study: Full-time
Duration: 4 Semesters
The programme’s goal is to produce technicians capable of carrying out various laboratory analysis and practical work under the supervision of a technologist. Courses offered in the programme are mathematics, basic sciences including physics, biology and chemistry, general laboratory techniques, technical drawing and ancillaries in management, general studies/education and communication in English. The course is intended to produce technicians who will perform the job function of a scientific and research assistant, a quality control sub-professional, a laboratory sub-professional, a business manager and a marketing agent. On completion of the course, the graduates will be able to:
- work in and/or manage laboratories of science based industries, research institutes and institutions of higher learning;
- manage quality control and product development units in industries;
- teach science laboratory technology subjects as instructors in Polytechnics,
- repair, modify, and adapt simple instrument and apparatus in the laboratories.
- At this level of National Diploma, there is no specialization.
- Administration and Management in the industries and also for self employment.