Higher National Diploma Marketing, HND (MKT)
Mode of Study: Full-time
Duration: 4 Semesters
The Higher National Diploma programme in Marketing has an array of courses designed to produce middle-level management personnel with relevant knowledge for the solution of marketing problems in business and non-business organizations. Specifically, diplomats of the programmes should be able to perform the following functions:
- Conduct product planning for manufacturing and service organizations
- Organize sales and distribution of goods and services
- Carry out effective sales and advertising
- Market financial services in banks, insurance, and stock-broking firms
- Market communication and transport services in such firms as GSM companies
- Undertake marketing research and other similar functions
- Prepare sales report and other marketing functions.
Some diplomats are now products, sales, advertising, and marketing managers in many blue-chip companies and government establishments. Some are seasoned politicians while many have set up their own business enterprises. Some have even done postgraduate studies up to Masters Degree level. A few with high academic ambition are on doctorate programmes in reputable universities in the country and abroad.